01st November 2012
This November 11th-14th, San Diego will be hosting the 58th annual Employee Benefits Conference at the downtown convention center. Anyone from a multiemployer or public employee benefit plan is welcome to this year’s Employee Benefits Conference. The main focus of the conference is to provide information on “actionable solutions to tackle crises today and strategies to avoid in the future” (http://www.ifebp.org/).
The conference will consist of 120 sessions that will be categorized into several different focus areas. This is to ensure that guests can customize a personal schedule to fit their individual needs. The International Foundation for Employee Benefits Plans recommends that attorneys, accountants, actuaries, investment managers, benefit design consultants, third-party administrators, public sector plan trustees, executive directors, administration and staff attend this conference.
But why just come for the convention, when you can stay for the vacation? With over 70 miles of majestic coastline, San Diego boasts some of the nation’s most breathtaking views, unbeatable weather, and an endless abundance of activities. Located right on the waters of Pacific Beach, Ocean Park Inn gives you the opportunity to fully relax after a long and informative day at the conference. Sit on your balcony to watch the sunset, enjoy some great food at one of the many surrounding restaurants, or rent a bike along the boardwalk—the possibilities are endless!
With group rates available for parties of any size, let Ocean Park Inn arrange your company’s stay for this year’s Employee Benefits Conference. Located just a few minutes from downtown, we will help you arrange transportation, and provide a free continental breakfast and free Wi-Fi to make your stay as convenient as possible.
To register for the conference, click HERE.
23rd October 2012
The kids may be sad to see the sweet treats and exciting costumes indicative of late October pass by, but the fun doesn’t stop as soon as all hallow’s eve ends! Just a few days after Halloween, San Diego’s Gaslamp quarter will be hosting their 12th annual Fall Back Festival: The Children’s Historical and Cultural Street Fair in conjunction with the time change.
Each year San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter falls back to the days when wranglers, vaqueros and cowboys of all types roamed the streets in the 1800’s. Your little ones will be immersed in the world of early America as they pan for gold, churn butter, and learn how to be a blacksmith. You’ll even get to take home a souvenir when you dress your family up in traditional garb for your old-fashioned family portrait! Rest your feet while watching one of the many shows, or giddy up the little ones for a pony ride! And the best part? Entrance to the Fall Back Festival is free! Some of the carnival rides may require minimal charge.
After a long day filled with Old-West adventures, you’ll want to return to the comforts of 2012, and Ocean Park Inn is the just the place to do it! Just a ten-minute drive from downtown, the Ocean Park Inn offers large family-style rooms equipped with comfortable beds, kitchenettes, and great views, making it the perfect spot for a group getaway. Come for the Fall Back Festival, but stay the entire weekend! We’re just a few minutes away from SeaWorld, the Safari Park, the Zoo, and plenty of family-friendly restaurants.
This year’s fun-filled festivities will take place on Sunday, November 4th, from 11 am to 4 pm in front of the Gaslamp museum at 4th and Island Avenue. For more information, please visit the event website by clicking here.
09th October 2012
Fall is officially here, and with the shorter days and (slightly) cooler weather comes the aroma of pumpkin spice candles, baked goods and just a bit of fear. That’s right, fear! The month of October is sure to excite adrenaline fiends and tricksters alike, and San Diego in specific boasts a plentiful array of horror movies, haunted houses and loud shrieks. The days leading up to Halloween are full of terrifyingly fun events in America’s Finest City. From September 28th to October 31st, the Del Mar Scream Zone is a hot spot to take in some of the biggest scares of the season. The best part? It’s only a ten minute drive from your relaxing haven at Pacific Beach’s Ocean Park Inn. We promise it will be scary for most, so enjoy a night of thrills at the Del Mar Fairgrounds and return to a restful sleep at OPI, where the sound of crashing waves will drown out the lingering memories of chain saws and screams.
This year the Del Mar Scream Zone has moved to one of the creepiest parts of the Del Mar Fairgrounds, the Green Lot on the far west side of the grounds, close to the train tracks. Start your night off with a haunted hayride for an unsettling trip through the haunted barns on the backside of the Del Mar Race Track. You’ll want to bring a buddy that you’re comfortable enough to grab and hold-onto at an instant’s notice because there will be zombies and ghouls around every corner. It’s sure to be a good time for a family outing, although be cautious that it may not be appropriate for small children. Continue your night at Del Mar Scream Zone’s newest attraction: Chamber of Chills! The Chamber is a twisting, turning labyrinth of scares. End your night at the House of Horror. This year features all new blood-curling scenes with dozens of rooms filled to the brim with fiends, apparitions and scares, all guaranteed to make you run for cover.
Book your reservation for the fall season today! For more information about the Del Mar Scream Zone, click here http://www.thescreamzone.com/home.html
10th September 2012
Win FREE NIGHTS With Ocean Park Inn!
We at the Ocean Park Inn are excited to be giving away FREE nights until we reach 10,000 Facebook fans! The Race to 10,000 Fans Contest is simple and there are several ways to win! For every 1,000 new fans who “Like” our Ocean Park Inn Facebook page, we are randomly selecting 1 contestant to win 1 FREE NIGHT. The contest began at 5,000 fans, so that’s 5 potential winners as we reach 6K, 7K, 8K, 9K, and ultimately 10K fans! Plus, when we reach 10,000 total fans, we’re giving away 5 ADDITIONAL NIGHTS to an additional 5 random participants. That’s a total of 10 WINNERS when we get to 10,000 fans!
For every 1 new ‘LIKE’ you refer to the contest, you will gain 1 additional entry into the drawing [please note: Friend(s) must fill out the contest form completely for the referral to count]. The person who has referred the MOST fans to the contest on our Facebook page will also win 1 FREE NIGHT! Plus, if you refer 10+ friends to the contest, you will get a FREE UPGRADE during your next stay!
How Do I Win?
Step 1: Sign up here: http://bit.ly/PGgR3T
Step 2: Refer your friends to our page! You will get a special link that will track your referrals. Copy and paste the special link provided onto your Facebook wall or share with your friends. Post it anywhere and everywhere! That link is connected to YOU and will track how many referrals sign up under your name!
Go to our Ocean Park Inn Facebook page to get started!
For a list of complete contest rules and regulations, please visit: http://www.oceanparkinn.com/blog/2012/09/the-race-to-10k-fans-contest-rules/
04th September 2012
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- No purchase necessary to win. Purchases will not increase your chances of winning. Odds of winning based on the number of contestants. The contest ends immediately upon reaching 10,000 fans on the Ocean Park Inn Facebook page.
- Contestants get 1 (one) entry into the drawing after signing up for the contest.
- For every 1 (one) friend a contestant refers to the contest, the contestant will receive 1 (one) additional entry into the drawing.
- There is no limit to the amount of referrals and entries a contestant can have. All entries remain valid until the end of the contest.
- Hotel staff members and their immediate families are not eligible to win prizes.
- Any participant found to be abusing the promotion rules or tampering with the promotion in any way will be disqualified and declared ineligible for any prize.
PRIZES AND PRIZE RULES
- There will be 10 (ten) total free nights given away. See the following points for details.
- For every 1,000 new Facebook fans reached, Ocean Park Inn will randomly select 1 (one) contestant to receive 1 (one) free night in a standard, partial view room.
- When 10,000 total Facebook fans are reached, Ocean Park Inn will randomly select 5 (five) additional contestants to receive 1 (one) free night each in a standard, partial view room.
- If 10 (ten) or more friends are referred to the contest by one contestant, the contestant will unlock a code to receive 1 (one) complimentary upgrade for your next stay at the Ocean Park Inn.
- The contestant with the most contest friend referrals by the end of the contest will receive 1 (one) free night in a standard, partial view room from the Ocean Park Inn.
- All winners from the drawing must use their free night(s) and/or free upgrade by April 30, 2013. If prizes are not used by this deadline, they become void.
- If contestants win more than 1 (one) free night, they are eligible to use the free nights together during a stay.
- Contestants may not use the free upgrade and free room night prizes together.
- All reservations are subject to availability and restrictions. Prizes must be used with new reservations only. Prizes cannot be used with other specials and/or promotions.
- Prizes cannot be refunded and/or exchanged for cash.
DRAWING AND NOTIFICATIONS
- Contest winners will be randomly selected by a third-party service.
- Upon reaching 1,000 new Facebook fans, the random drawing will commence within 2 (two) business days.
- Upon reaching 10,000 total Facebook fans, the random drawings will commence within 5 (five) business days.
- All contestant winners will be a notified via email and on the public Ocean Park Inn Facebook page.